Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Adding a second Axiom - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Adding a second Axiom (/showthread.php?tid=10006)

[CA11] Adding a second Axiom - ThreeAces - 11-26-19 10:36 AM

Hi,

Last year I had installed an Axiom Pro 12 RVX w Real Vision. This winter the plan is to network in a second display. I would like the second display to have all the functionality of the first display. Do I need to buy the same model or will my first display read over to the second the information needed allowing me to go with a less expensive version? If so, which would you recommend for a 12"
Thanks

RE: [CA11] Adding a second Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-26-19 11:16 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ThreeAces,

Q. I would like the second display to have all the functionality of the first display. Do I need to buy the same model or will my first display read over to the second the information needed allowing me to go with a less expensive version? If so, which would you recommend for a 12".
A. As Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs are designed to share all system data, resources ... and therefore features, any model of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD may networked (via an Ethernet (RayNet / SeaTalkhs) network) to the currently installed Axiom Pro RVX MFD. The screen size of the additional MFD(s) is a personal choice and the additional MFD need not feature any internal fishfinder sonar circuitry ... thereby reducing the cost to expand the system.