Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] trouble reading card - Dragonfly 7pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] trouble reading card - Dragonfly 7pro (/showthread.php?tid=10029)

[TG11] trouble reading card - Dragonfly 7pro - Phil George - 12-01-19 11:46 PM

Hi - I have a DragonFly 7pro. I recently purchased a Navionic Card (+regions, Australia). I have activated the card and inserted it into the unit but it does'nt appear to be reading the information?

RE: [TG11] trouble reading card - Dragonfly 7pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-03-19 08:05 PM

Hello Phil,

What's the process you're using to determine that the chart isn't being read?
You can check whether the display is able to access the MicroSD card by going to the Settings page > Backup and Reset > Save Data to Card. If you can save waypoints to the card then the display's card reader is working ok.

A couple of common causes of questions like this are:
- running the display in a shed or indoors in order to test it out, but not having a GPS fix and therefore not jumping to the correct location that the chart data covers
- having the wrong chart type (Dragonfly can read C-Map, Navionics or Raymarine Lighthouse charts) selected in the menu
- looking at the current (perhaps inland) location or another area not covered in detail by the chart card.

Regards,
Tom