Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner (/showthread.php?tid=10275)

[CA11] c80 has no data from scanner - Jonflinch - 01-09-20 12:52 AM

Turned on my c80 today to check things out. The c80 started up fine. Turned on the radar, had a no data message. did a radar reset and then it worked. switched the c80 back to chart, all good. Switched back to radar and found a no data message. SCN incompatible message. all connections good. What might have gone wrong. Nothing has been changed since last used.

RE: [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-09-20 10:40 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

It is recommended that your system's waypoint, route, and track data be backed up to a CF memory card (your chart card may also be used for this purpose) and that a Factory Reset be commanded as the first action to correct this issue. Should this not address the problem, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing further actions which may be taken.

RE: [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner - Jonflinch - 01-25-20 11:59 PM

Chuck, did a factory reset, no change. opened the scanner to check for voltage and found water inside the scanner and everything pretty wet. bummer for me. Can i use a newer version of the scanner that will work with my c80? like a RD218 or do i have to find the exact model?

RE: [CA11] c80 has no data from scanner - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-27-20 11:29 AM

Jon,

Q. Can i use a newer version of the scanner that will work with my c80? like a RD218 or do i have to find the exact model?
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within these radomes are no longer produced and would need to be sought from the second hand market.