Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] C80 to E80 coversion - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] C80 to E80 coversion (/showthread.php?tid=11491)

[TG11] C80 to E80 coversion - markbowden93@gmail.com - 05-29-20 09:35 AM

Hello,

I had to upgrade from a C80 MFD due to screen failure. I have a refurbed E80 installed and it functions fine. However it came with a Seatalk2 pig tail. My boat is a 2006 Silverton with a Seatalk network.

My question is, is there a 6 pin seatalk alarm cable for the E80 available that has the flat 3 pin end on it? Or is there a E80 6-pin sealtalk cable that has a "flat" 5 pin end available? Would that cable work?
If so what is the part number to order?

Or would a Seatalk2 cable with the "rectangular" 5 pin work? The seatalk junction block that is installed on my boat is the rectangular 5 pin style but all the other devices like the ST60 depth/speed unit plug into the block with the 3 pin cables.
If so what is the part number to order?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

RE: [TG11] C80 to E80 coversion - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-09-20 02:41 AM

Hello Mark,

The only Seatalk1 cable offered for E-series Classic had bare wires on the other end, there was no version with a 3-pin Seatalk plug. You'd need to cut and splice with a standard Seatalk cable such as part D284 (1m.) Seatalk2 cables are no longer available but ought not to be used for this purpose anyway.

Regards,
Tom