Raymarine forum
Help with my A57D - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Help with my A57D (/showthread.php?tid=1439)

Help with my A57D - Bluegill11 - 07-22-16 03:58 PM

I have an A57D model that I recently obtained from an estate sale but did not come with a power cable. I am trying to rig it just to test for power, but do not know the correct configuration of the pos. and neg. pins. The photo I have attached here shows the PWR/NMEA port with 11 pins (2 in the middle I assume are +/-). Can anyone tell me which is which so I can rig to a battery? Also would reversing them fry the components inside? I am trying to avoid this at all costs.

Please respond assap - thank you in advance.

PS: The owner's manual does not show this

RE: Help with my A57D - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-25-16 03:31 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bluegill11,

The large lower male pin should be interfaced +12VDC while the large upper male pin should be interfaced -12VDC.

RE: Help with my A57D - Bluegill11 - 07-28-16 05:17 AM

Chuck, thank you very much for your reply.. this helps me out a lot. I was not brave enough to just take the 50/50 chance, and couldn't find any schematics on this model online at all.

If I had the 2 pins connected in reverse, would I have caused any internal damage to the unit, or is there perhaps a fuse inside that would have protected it against reverse polarity? Also do you own this model yourself?

Thank you again!
Regards

RE: Help with my A57D - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-16 07:58 AM

Bluegill11,

You're welcome. The A-Series Classic MFDs should be protected against reverse polarity.