Raymarine forum
Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine (/showthread.php?tid=1492)

Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - rlschmidt - 07-28-16 06:15 PM

I currently have an older Simrad AP11 autopilot on a hydraulically steered inboard. The controller is getting hard to read so I am wondering if I could change out the electronics to a Raymarine unit andkeep the Simrad hydraulic pump.

Thanks
Capt. Bob Schmidt

RE: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-29-16 02:54 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rlschmidt,

It may indeed be possible to use the currently installed hydraulic pump. In order to properly specify a compatible Evolution autopilot ACU, it would be necessary to know the model of hydraulic pump which is presently installed onboard the boat.

RE: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - rlschmidt - 07-31-16 04:23 PM

The pump is a SIMRAD RPU80. The boat also has power steering assist on the out drive.

RE: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-08-16 10:57 AM

Bob,

A SIMRAD RPU80 should be mated to an ACU200 Actuator Control Unit which is part of the T70156 EV-200 Evolution Power Pilot.

RE: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - rlschmidt - 08-08-16 12:25 PM

OK thanks. I thought that would be a correct match. Thanks for looking into this, it looks like the best upgrade path.

RE: Conversion from Simrad to Raymarine - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-08-16 03:27 PM

You're welcome.