Raymarine forum
i50 depth sounder to replace an ST 60 D S - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: i50 depth sounder to replace an ST 60 D S (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

i50 depth sounder to replace an ST 60 D S - Capt. Jeff - 08-09-16 09:09 AM

I have an ST60 tri data that has a dark spot on the screen. I was told I could replace the unit with with the new i50. I bought the new unit and now realize that it will not work with the Sea Talk system that I presently have. My devices are 2003. Is there a way to connect it to the sea talk system?

RE: i50 depth sounder to replace an ST 60 D S - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-25-16 04:24 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Actually, the interfaces of the i50/i60 instruments will support either SeaTalkng or SeaTalk communications protocols. These instrument displays are packaged with a SeaTalkng to SeaTalk Cable. To interface the i50/60 instrument in place of the ST60 instrument, the SeaTalk cable will be to be unplugged from the ST60 instrument and instead connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The SeaTalkng to SeaTalk Cable supplied with the i50/i60 instrument will then be used to mate the i50/i60 instrument to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block.