Raymarine forum
replacing st 40 depth and wind and also st50 speed - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: replacing st 40 depth and wind and also st50 speed (/showthread.php?tid=1909)

replacing st 40 depth and wind and also st50 speed - chuckellis - 09-28-16 01:56 PM

I would like to replace my existing instruments st 40 wind and st 40 depth with i60 wind and i50 depth and replace the st 50 speed with the i50. Can I use the existing transducers for each? Any other cables etc. needed?

RE: replacing st 40 depth and wind and also st50 speed - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-28-16 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chuck,

It is indeed possible to interface a Rotavecta wind transducer to an i60 Wind Instrument and then calibrate the wind transducer. It is additionally possible to interface the depth and speed/temp transducers from ST50 instruments to i50 instruments. As the ST50 depth and speed/temp transducer cables were terminated with plugs rather than bare leads, these plugs will need to be removed, 1/8" female blade connectors will need to be attached to the transducer leads, and then the transducer leads will be connected to the matching colored terminals of the i50 instruments.