Raymarine forum
openCPN Route Transfer - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: openCPN Route Transfer (/showthread.php?tid=216)

openCPN Route Transfer - Markinsc - 02-23-16 05:01 PM

Have latest Lighthouse on 3165's. When I transfer routes from OpenCPN (in the proper format) to my Raymarine MFD, only the waypoints show on the chart. How can I get the routes to show? In "My Data", the properly named route shows, but after the transfer only the route's waypoints show up. Help?

RE: openCPN Route Transfer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-23-16 05:36 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Markinsc,

Unlike the default state of waypoints which have been imported, routes will be hidden rather than show. The SHOW/HIDE state any route except for an active route may be changed via the following command sequence from the Chart application being viewed: MENU->MY DATA->ROUTES->SHOW/HIDE->select the route with the displayed list to change its state.

RE: openCPN Route Transfer - Cmonster - 02-09-17 12:40 PM

I have latest Lighthouse software. I am trying to send a route from Open CPN to my eS75 MFD (via a Vesper XB8000 connection which I believe is serving as the NMEA0183 - NMEA2000 converter). Nothing arrives a the MFD end - I have tried the SHOW/HIDE function, but nothing is appearing, not a single waypoint.
With reference to the quoted post, am I doing something wrong with the 'proper format' for exporting a route?
Or do I have to do something more at the MFD end?
Thanks

RE: openCPN Route Transfer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-09-17 06:42 PM

Cmonster,

Waypoints and routes can neither be transferred to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD via the MFD's NMEA 0183 port nor its SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface. The Waypoint and route data will need to be exported from the navigational software application to a microSD memory card in GPX file format. The microSD memory card will then need to be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader and the MFD commanded to import the data from the GPX file stored on the microSD memory card.

RE: openCPN Route Transfer - Cmonster - 02-10-17 12:53 PM

Thanks for the response. Saves me from fiddling around further.

RE: openCPN Route Transfer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-13-17 11:35 AM

You're welcome.