Raymarine forum
Course Computers and Smart Heading System - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Course Computers and Smart Heading System (/showthread.php?tid=234)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Course Computers and Smart Heading System - O1dSoldier - 11-30-16 03:56 PM

After I connect the SHS I am unable to get GPS signal. Without the SHS incorporated I can get GPS lock when its connected both via NMEA and SeaTalk. When I put a multi-meter to the GPS power coming from the SHS (without the GPS attached) I get a little over 3 volts of power. When I attach the GPS and test the power it seems to drop to less than a volt.

I've verified the wiring and when I look at the menu in the MFD it shows signal both sent and received from the SHS.

Is there any tests I can do to see what the problem may be? Do I still need to run power to the GPS via switched power source even though its connected to the SHS?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RE: Course Computers and Smart Heading System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-30-16 04:20 PM

Paul,

Should the SHS's power terminals be interfaced to a switched 12VDC power source, then it will supply power to the SeaTalk bus. Accordingly, if interfacing the SHS to the a SeaTalk bus, then the bus should not be powered from another power circuit.