Raymarine forum
C80 and C120W - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: C80 and C120W (/showthread.php?tid=2378)

C80 and C120W - PROGECON - 01-19-17 02:39 PM

Currently, I have a C80 with its radar and it is connected to the other equipment in a seatalk network. (AIS, wind, speed and autopilot)
I would like to buy a C120W and I have the following question:
If I connect the C80 and C120 through a seatalkng network, can I see the radar on the C120W?

RE: C80 and C120W - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-19-17 04:34 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum PROGECON,

It is not possible to do as you have suggested. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: C80 and C120W - PROGECON - 01-22-17 06:07 PM

Thanks for your answer

Changing the radar that I currently have by a digital radar and connecting it to the C120W and connect the C80 as secondary.
Can I see the radar connected to the C80?

I'm trying to use the two multifunction in the best way.

RE: C80 and C120W - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-23-17 10:40 AM

PROGECON,

Q: Changing the radar that I currently have by a digital radar and connecting it to the C120W and connect the C80 as secondary.
Can I see the radar connected to the C80?
A: No. It is not possible for C-Series Classic MFDs display radar imagery from any device other than a compatible radome or open array pedestal which has been directly interfaced to the C-Series Classic MFD's RADAR socket. Should it be desired that two MFDs onboard share a single radar resource and a C-Series Widescreen MFD be one of the MFDs, then a second C-Series Widescreen MFD would need to be sourced from the second hand market. Should a C-Series Widescreen MFD not have already have been purchased, then it would be strongly recommended that a pair of a/c/e/eS-gS-Series MFDs be installed to support this dual station configuration.