Raymarine forum
i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration (/showthread.php?tid=2437)

Pages: 1 2

i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - 2Stroke - 01-31-17 02:26 PM

I am adding an A95 MFD to my setup. I have mapped out two options (please see attached). I would appreciate any feedback on which will work.

Thanks!

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-31-17 04:07 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum 2Stroke,

General comments:
- the iTC-5 was designed to be installed as a backbone component, not as a spur to the backbone. Accordingly, it is recommended that the diagram be modified to remove the spur cable connecting the iTC-5 to a spur socket within the backbone. Instead, the diagram be modified to show a pair of backbone cables linking it to the backbone.
- the SeaTalkng Power Cable should be shown connected to a spur socket located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load. In many cases, this can be as simple as shifting the SeaTalkng Power Cable to a different spur socket within a 5-Way Connector or SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

The a95 MFD may be daisy chained to the the autopilot control head and instruments as shown only if the total spur length does not exceed 6m. Alternatively, the connecting the MFD via spur socket created in your second diagram is also acceptable.

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - 2Stroke - 02-01-17 10:47 AM

Thanks alot Chuck.

I will work on an new diagram. Could my current setup be the reason I was getting inconsistent, or non existent at times, speed and temp readings? Wind speed and angle seemed to be fine along with depth.

Peter

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-17 01:13 PM

Peter,

Q: Could my current setup be the reason I was getting inconsistent, or non existent at times, speed and temp readings?
A: Yes. After adding the MFD to the system, it is recommended that all products having a SeaTalkng communications interface be updated with the latest software ... this will be accomplished via the a95 MFD.

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - 2Stroke - 02-01-17 01:42 PM

Thanks Chuck. I was having the issues with speed and temp before adding the A95.

Attached is the revised diagram. Your feedback on this is appreciated. Do I really need a pair of Backbone cables going to and from the itc-5?

Thanks again!

Peter

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-17 02:54 PM

Peter,

The revised diagram looks good except for one thing ... the backbone's two remaining blue backbone sockets will each need to have a blue SeaTalkng Termination Plug installed within the socket. Failure to properly terminate or construct a backbone may result in intermittent or no communications.

Q1. Do I really need a pair of Backbone cables going to and from the itc-5?
A1. No. The iTC-5 needs to be installed as a backbone component rather than a spur component. Accordingly, it may be installed at the end of a backbone or anywhere between the backbone's two termination plugs.

Thanks again!

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - 2Stroke - 02-01-17 07:10 PM

Okay so do i need a white cable or blue cable to go in the center connection of the itc5?

Clear on the blue termination plugs on either side.

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-02-17 10:22 AM

Peter,

SeaTalkng Backbone Cables feature blue sheathing with a black stripe and blue backbone plugs, while SeaTalkng Spur Cables feature white sheathing with a black stripe and white spur plugs. SeaTalkng backbone sockets (blue) will not accept the plugs of SeaTalkng Spur Cables (white). Similarly, spur sockets (white) will not accept the plugs of SeaTalkng Backbone Cables (blue). Per your last diagram, the iTC-5 is correctly shown as an end component within the SeaTalkng backbone and no cable no cable is shown connected to the spur (white) socket of the iTC-5.

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - 2Stroke - 02-02-17 10:49 AM

Thanks for your patience Chuck. I think I got it. Please see attached.

RE: i70, EV100, A95 - Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-02-17 12:42 PM

Peter,

Your diagram is now correct except for the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector shown to the far right. This SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector appear to be missing a blue SeaTalkng Termination plug in its rightmost blue backbone socket ... no need to update the diagram again should you already know this.