Raymarine forum
CPT-100 transducer upgrade to thru hull - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: CPT-100 transducer upgrade to thru hull (/showthread.php?tid=2652)

CPT-100 transducer upgrade to thru hull - shauno318 - 03-06-17 10:14 PM

Hey Everyone "newbie " here please bear w/me (thx).

I just got a new eS78 system (West Marine) it came w/ a CPT-100 transom mount transducer. Over the winter I gutted my 23' Sea Ox down to the bare fiberglass. The only thing I saved was the T-top & CC. With everything exposed I wanted to upgrade to a thru hull "puck" style transducer, now the time to do things like this. My question is: What transducer can I install and still keeping all the features of the CPT-100? Again, do they make a "puck" style or do I need to use/keep the transom mounted unit?

Thanx in advance for all your patients w/me

Shauno318

RE: CPT-100 transducer upgrade to thru hull - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-07-17 04:55 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Shauno318,

Raymarine offers transom mounted and thru-hull transducers for use with MFDs having internal CHIRP(conical) / DownVision fishfinder sounder circuitry (i.e. ax8 MFDs and eSx8 MFDs) and the CP100 CHIRP(conical) / DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module. Due the relatively low power output of these fishfinding products, they would not well suited for use with transducers installed inside of the hull (i.e. an in-hull transducer). Accordingly, Raymarine does not offer in-hull transducers for these fishfinding products