Raymarine forum
Adding an A78 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Adding an A78 (/showthread.php?tid=2674)

Adding an A78 - cvcsmkr - 03-11-17 08:21 PM

I currently have a A78 with CP100 and 18HD radar.

I would like to add an additional A78 display.

Can I create a network and view the data from the transducer and radar on either display?

What parts are required to do this?

RE: Adding an A78 - Dave - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-13-17 10:11 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

All you will need to share that specific data on two displays is a network switch, a Raynet cable, and the new a78. If you are currently using a network switch, you will not be required to add another one.

Once you have the new a78 in the network with your a78/radar/cp100, you will be prompted to select a "Data Master." The "Data Master" will be the a78 of your choice. Users generally select the most frequently used display. Once you have a "Data Master" selected, that information should be able to be viewed on either display.

- Dave

RE: Adding an A78 - cvcsmkr - 03-14-17 03:51 PM

Dave, Thanks for your help.

Forgive my ignorance, I have no experience with networking. Can you please provide me with a part number for the switch & cable?

RE: Adding an A78 - Dave - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-15-17 07:51 AM

Not a problem, we are here to help!

Considering you are currently using a radar and CP100 with your display, you probably already have a network switch on board. The a78 only has one network port, so a network switch is required to have multiple devices connected to it. However, you will certainly need a Raynet cable to connect the other a78 and the part number for a 1 meter cable is A62361. Lastly, if for some reason you do not have a network switch, the part number for the HS5 is A80007.

- Dave