Raymarine forum
Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? (/showthread.php?tid=2872)

Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? - zelatore - 04-11-17 10:52 PM

I have a 39' Ocean Alexander with an older Robertson RPU100 pilot in working order. I have upgraded the nav gear to an a-series MFD and would like to upgrade the pilot to an Evolution unit to replace the older Robertson.

I would like to use the existing pump from the Robertson unit since it is currently installed and working fine. Per the specs, it is a 12v motor with am ax capacity of 67 cu in/min at 7 bar. Max output power to the pump is 50w; average 10-20w. Would an ACU-200, EV-1, and p70R be a suitable source to drive/control this pump?

RE: Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-12-17 10:52 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum zelatore,

Thanks for providing information concerning the currently installed hydraulic pump.
What it the cubic capacity of the vessel's steering ram?

RE: Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? - zelatore - 04-13-17 05:59 PM

The cylinder is a Capilano BA175-7; 13.7 cu in.

RE: Old Robertson pump w/Evo pilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-14-17 07:46 AM

zelatore,

Given the specs provided provided (bordering the upper range for a Raymarine Type 1 pump and lower range of a Type 2 pump) and that the third party pump is older, it would be recommended that an ACU-400 be installed rather than ACU-200. Doing so would avoid drawing too much current from the ACU-200 (as may occur when operating in weather / seas) via the older pump and avoid possible damage to the ACU-200. Alternatively, you may want to consider replacing the currently installed pump with a Type 1 pump.