Raymarine forum
EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network (/showthread.php?tid=3030)

EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - nanchris - 05-05-17 07:49 AM

I have recently purchased and installed a EV 100 which replaced a 4000+ autopilot. I have Garmin chart plotter, windspeed/direction and boatspeed/depth instruments on a NMEA 2000 network. I have seen on this forum that there is a problem with getting track info from the Garmin chartplotter system. Its not just the chartplotter but all instruments. When I go to the device list on the Raymarine display it shows "No device connected" for every menu option.The display stills shows the wind speed/water speed/depth but not any track info. Since I don't own a Raymarine MFD I have read that I have to uninstall the three autopilot devices, send them into Raymarine and have the software downgraded then re-install the system. Is the software that is being worked on to fix this problem expected in a month or is it going to be something that requires 6 months or more to work out. I know this is difficult to estimate, but just a rough idea would be nice. I can either wait for the fix and uninstall/re-install once or have to do it twice.

Thanks
Chris

RE: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-05-17 09:23 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Accept our apologies for the inconvenience. As Raymarine does not announce the schedules for product software updates, it is recommended that those seeking to use the Evolution autopilot's track function utilize the Evolution component software specified within the FAQ addressing this subject. For systems lacking a Raymarine MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface, please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the software of the system's Raymarine products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface may be updated or downgraded. As indicated within the FAQ, many Raymarine dealers offer this service. Should it be more convenient to do so, then would be recommended that it be determined whether your dealer can downgrade the software within your Evolution autopilot components before sending them to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

RE: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - nanchris - 05-26-17 07:45 AM

Hi,
There was a new software release this week. Would this fix my problem with communication with my Garmin chartplotter?

Cheers
Chris

RE: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-26-17 08:29 AM

Chris,

Yes. Please click here to view the updated FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - nanchris - 05-26-17 01:02 PM

Thanks
Will try this.

RE: EV 100 connected to Garmin NMEA 2000 network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-30-17 08:46 AM

You're welcome.