Raymarine forum
Navionics chip in e95 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Navionics chip in e95 (/showthread.php?tid=3093)

Navionics chip in e95 - daknecht - 05-15-17 08:00 AM

I have a Navionics chart chip from my previous B&G chartplotter. I have tried to use it in my new e95 which came with Lighthouse charts, but it does not seem to be recognized. Is there a way to get it to work?

RE: Navionics chip in e95 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-17 09:58 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum daknecht,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the types of cartography which Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are compatible with. No configuration settings within the MFD need be configured other than to select that the Chart application being viewed be configured to use Navionics Nautical Charts (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION->NAVIONICS NAUTICAL CHARTS). Should the MFD be operating with the latest available Raymarine product software updates, you have configured the MFD's Chart application as indicated above, and should the MFD's microSD memory card reader be operational, then it would appear that there is an issue with your Navionics chart card. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the chart card be updated with Navionics Freshest Data Updates and/or that Navionics (508-291-6000).

RE: Navionics chip in e95 - daknecht - 06-16-17 06:46 AM

The plotter software is up to date as of last month. I used the Navionics chart application to update the card with the e95 selected as the plotter and the application successfully updated the chip. When I insert the chip in the chart plotter (in the second slot with the Lighthouse in the first) and select Navionics in the Chart Selection, I still only see a low resolution view that looks like a basic overview chart- no detail at all. Do you have to restart the plotter or do something else to tell the unit where to look for the chart?

RE: Navionics chip in e95 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-19-17 01:34 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum daknecht,

Nothing more need be done other than to utilize the previously specified command sequence within each Chart application page/pain in which you desire to view Navionics nautical charts. Should you have done so, then the reported issue may be resulting from any of the following:

- failure of the memory card reader slot being used with the Navionics chart card ... recommend removing the second microSD memory card from the MFD's memory card reader and then commanding the MFD to capture the MFD's screen image to the Navionics chart card. Should the MFD report success, then the MFD's memory card reader would be deemed to be operational and the ability to read/write to the chart card would be verified. Should the MFD report a failure in being able to do so, then there would either be
----- a fault with the MFD's memory card reader (test with another microSD memory card reader ... if successful, the the memory card has failed
----- a fault with the memory card ... try cleaning the chart card's contacts or replace

- the Navionics chart card does not contain nautical charts for the geographic area being viewed ... if using a Navionics Platinum Plus chart card verify that it provides coverage for the geographic area being viewed. If using a Navionics+ chart card, then it is recommended that the Navionics Chart Installer be used with the assistance of Navionics (508-291-6000) to verify that the chart card is being and has been updated with cartography for your geographic area.

- the Navionics chart card contains errant or corrupted data files ... recommend updating its nautical charts and SonarCharts again with Freshest Data Updates

- a problem wit the memory card ... see above.

Should it be determined that the MFD has suffered a failure of its memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.