Raymarine forum
moving the cursor on an a78 MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: moving the cursor on an a78 MFD (/showthread.php?tid=347)

moving the cursor on an a78 MFD - Neilg - 03-12-16 09:10 PM

On my new Raymarine a78 MFD in Chart mode: Is there a way to move the cursor across the chart instead of moving the chart to the cursor?

RE: moving the cursor on an a78 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-15-16 08:45 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

It is recommended that you verify that the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX and has been centered on the vessel's location via the Chart application's Find Ship feature. If so, then touching any location on the screen should then cause the Chart application's cursor to move to the specified location and momentarily report range and bearing from the vessels position to the cursor's location. Holding one's finger pressed on the screen and then dragging it will cause the chart to be panned.

RE: moving the cursor on an a78 MFD - Neilg - 03-16-16 10:36 AM

Thank you for responding to my query. I understand your response. My MFD is receiving a GPS FIX and is centered on my boat position. No problem there in finding the ship, etc. I understand how to touch the screen and set the cursor to a specified location. But it seems more intuitive to be able to leave the chart in a fixed position and drag the cursor around. It is much harder to get a waypoint set having to pan the chart around the cursor position. Would you consider a software patch to enable doing this? The MFD and other instruments on board work very well together, but your doing this would make me a very happy customer.

RE: moving the cursor on an a78 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-17-16 10:33 AM

Neil,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. It will be logged accordingly for consideration to be included within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.