Raymarine forum
Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro (/showthread.php?tid=3692)

Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro - SCaveNJ - 08-02-17 02:18 PM

Hello -

There are times when I'd like to bring my Dragonfly 7 Pro with me on another boat - maybe a rental or a friend's. I've got a ton of markers setup and the Navionics maps on the 7 Pro are great.

Can I purchase the Dragonfly 5M power cable and connect it to my 7 Pro? I realize that this will only give me power and no transducer connection, but that's all I'm looking for. I just want to use a RAM suction cup mount on the dash of a boat and use my 7 Pro for maps. I'm just wondering if the plugs are compatible between the 5M and 7 Pro, and also if the 7 Pro will boot up properly if it doesn't see a transducer. Essentially it will act like a 7" version of the 5M.

- Dave

RE: Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-02-17 02:59 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

It is indeed possible to power a Dragonfly 7 Pro display using a Dragonfly 5M Power Cable.

RE: Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro - SCaveNJ - 08-02-17 03:06 PM

Excellent! Thanks Chuck. Ordering one now.

RE: Using a Dragonfly 5M power cable to power a 7 Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-02-17 03:07 PM

You're welcome.