Raymarine forum
Raymarine Radar - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: Raymarine Radar (/showthread.php?tid=3959)

Raymarine Radar - sfsail923 - 09-12-17 07:35 PM

I have inherited a working Raymarine Radar and Chartplotter that I would like to continue using. RL70 is up on deck and is set up as the Radar Master. RL70C is down below at the chart table. The RL70 is almost impossible to read and needs to be replaced. These are HSB units with Raytheon upon start up.

My questions are:

Can I go down to one unit (RL70C) as both chart and Radar master?

If I need to replace the RL70, are there color units that are compatible?

Thanks in advance for your advise. Neil

RE: Raymarine Radar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-13-17 12:22 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

Q1. Can I go down to one unit (RL70C) as both chart and Radar master?
A1. Either of the RL70 and RL70C are capable of being directly interfaced to the radome as they both feature radar processing circuitry. However, only the display which presently has the Raychart C-Map C-Card Reader has the personality software to permit it to interact with a Raychart C-Map C-Card Reader. Accordingly, should the RL70C be the display which has the Raychart C-Map C-Card Reader, then it alone may function as a radar/chartplotter.

Q2. If I need to replace the RL70, are there color units that are compatible?
A2. The display will have to be a hsb (not hsb2) RL70C, RC530, L760, or RL80C display.

RE: Raymarine Radar - sfsail923 - 09-13-17 01:30 PM

Chuck - Thanks very much. You are correct the the RL70C has the chart card. If I were to replace the RL70 unit with one of the HSB units you listed, are the cables (power, transducer etc.) all interchangeable? Or do I need to worry about finding connectors/cables.

Thanks, Neil

RE: Raymarine Radar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-13-17 02:37 PM

Neil,

Q1. If I were to replace the RL70 unit with one of the HSB units you listed, are the cables (power, transducer etc.) all interchangeable?
A1. Yes.

RE: Raymarine Radar - sfsail923 - 09-19-17 11:33 AM

Chuck - Hopefully last question...

We have a 2D 18" 2kw scanner, part# M92650. What displays will work with this radar? Can this radar be used on an HSB2 network? Or am I limited to HSB only?

RE: Raymarine Radar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-19-17 12:51 PM

Neil,

Q1. We have a 2D 18" 2kw scanner, part# M92650. What displays will work with this radar?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. Can this radar be used on an HSB2 network? Or am I limited to HSB only?
A2. As indicated within this same FAQ, the radome may be used with hsb, hsb2, or SL Pathfinder Series Displays. When used within a hsb network, the second of the network's hsb Pathfinder Series Display will additionally support radar features. When used within a hsb2 network, the network's other hsb Pathfinder Series Displays will additionally support radar features.