Raymarine forum
Unable to Swing Compass with autopilot st6002 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Unable to Swing Compass with autopilot st6002 (/showthread.php?tid=3980)

Unable to Swing Compass with autopilot st6002 - dalmero - 09-16-17 04:20 PM

My E-120 MFD displays boat icon pointed way off the course heading. In the past, I corrected this by swinging the compass on my ST6002 autopilot. Commands: Standby button 2 seconds, display button until Compass Cal, Auto button to display Compass Swing OFF. When I press +1 button, it no longer responds - expended instruction to turn boat. Please advise what else I may try or inspect. Dan

RE: Unable to Swing Compass with autopilot st6002 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-19-17 10:21 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dalmero,

The autopilot course computer may block compass calibration. Should an autopilot's calibration lock be configured ON within the Dealer Calibration settings, then it will not be possible to perform compass calibration. Should the calibration lock be configured OFF and should you still not be able to perform a compass calibration and alignment such the autopilot is not responding to buttons pressed, then may indicate a problem with the autopilot control head. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer service ST6xxx, ST7xxx, and ST8xxx Autopilot control heads. Depending upon the model of autopilot course computer installed onboard, it may be possible to replace the ST6002 Autopilot Control Head with a p70S or p70RS Autopilot Control Head. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.