Raymarine forum
Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection (/showthread.php?tid=4013)

Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - mnelson660 - 09-23-17 09:05 PM

I have a Axiom with the transom mount transducer. I'm not satisified with the performance of that transducer, and I'm having an issue selecting a transducer that will allow me to see Depths up to 5000 feet. I understand I may need a sonar box as well. Please help with with my options as there are so many. Dual transducer, different sonar boxes. I do slow and high speed trolling, and deep dropping. So performance is important to me.

Thanks

RE: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-26-17 02:04 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mnelson660,

The depths which you fish are well in excess of the depths with the RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, High CHIRP, and 600W 50kHz / 200kHz internal fishfinder circuitry of the Axiom MFDs is designed to support. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. For applications such as yours, a CP570 with an A80318 TM275 LH-W CHIRP Wide Transducer (not applicable to vessels w/inboard propulsion) or an A80323 R109LH-W CHIRP Wide transducer or would typically be recommended.

RE: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - mnelson660 - 10-22-17 03:20 PM

can you recommend me a thru hull transducer that will work with this unit and i can add a sonar module at a later date? the transom mounted transducer loses the depth at higher speeds which i would like to fix.

RE: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-23-17 12:01 PM

mnelson660,

Do you own an Axiom RV MFD or do you own an Axiom DV MFD?

RE: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-24-17 09:03 AM

mnelson660,

Thru-hull RV transducer options for the Axiom RV MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs may be found here.