Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom and Wind Transducers - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom and Wind Transducers (/showthread.php?tid=4058)

[CA11] Axiom and Wind Transducers - DRFASailboater - 10-03-17 07:29 PM

I have been trying to figure which Wind transducer to connect to a Axiom MFD. I see there is Wireless Transducer(T220) and assorted Wireless instrument displays all in there own catagory. But what i am concerned about is low light situations. Like at night. Where there will be no way to power the Wind transducer if it truely is without wires installed. I take it that not using this wireless technology would result in the use of the older, possibly not available E22078, model to acquire the necessary inputs to determine APWind direction, speed and true wind direction. As well as needing to use a transducer converter(E70010/ITC-5) to communicate between the Axiom devices and a i70s instrument panels. My question is if there is a wired Wind transducer to be used with Axiom displays and a i70s?

Thank you

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-04-17 09:06 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DRFASailboater,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing options for adding a source of wind to the system. Whereas the TackTick products are designed to convert solar energy to charge an internal battery within the TackTick product to support approximately 300 hours of operation from a fully charged battery, overnight operation should not be an issue.

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - DRFASailboater - 10-04-17 08:28 PM

Well, i seem to have missed that helpful bit of advistiseing when perosing the Wireless insturments section. The Wind transducer should have no problem staying powered at least.

I am not able to tell from your ferrencing the FQs thread. Is a transducer converter still required to be used with the T-220 to connect to and display viable information on a Axiom device. If its to be required i just fallow the thread directions that you linked to?

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-05-17 07:58 AM

DRFASailboater,

Should the T220 TackTick Wind Transducer be installed and should you desire the associated wind data to be available to an i70S or to an Axiom MFD (lacks NMEA 0183 interface), then the following would be recommended per the FAQ:

- install TackTick T101 Wireless Multi Wind System and a Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway. The Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway and MFD will each be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

As you can see, the TackTick T101 Wireless Multi Wind System includes not only the T120 Wireless wind transmitter, but also the T112 Multifunctional wireless analogue display. The latter display is required to calibrate the T120 wireless wind transmitter and to communicate with the Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway. The Micro-Talkâ„¢ Wireless Gateway, MFD, and i70S MFID(s) will each then be interfaced an individual spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Each of these devices will then have access to wind data.

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - DRFASailboater - 10-05-17 02:50 PM

So without the T-112 instrument display i wouldn't be unable calibrate the Wind transmitter? Couldn't use the i70s to do this? The i70s or a Axiom display could then be used to show properly calibrated data once the wireless system has been backboned and spurred to these other none wireless devices?

Thanks for your welcoming me to the forum and for the helpful bit of info for including a seperate dedicated thru hull for acquiring Depth, Speed and Temperature informations.

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-05-17 03:39 PM

DRFASailboater

Q: So without the T-112 instrument display i wouldn't be unable calibrate the Wind transmitter?
A: Calibration of a TackTick wind transducer must be performed via a T110 or T111 TackTick displays or via the TackTick T113 Multifunctional Wireless Remote Display. The SeaTalkng instrument (ex. i60, i70/i70S MFIDs) and MFDs (ex. Axiom and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are not designed to calibrate TackTick wind transducers. They will simply repeat wind data from the TackTick system.

[CA11] RE: Axiom and Wind Transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-21-18 07:42 AM

Noted.