Raymarine forum
Upgrading plotter to C97 from RL70C, for use with ST60 instruments - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Upgrading plotter to C97 from RL70C, for use with ST60 instruments (/showthread.php?tid=4136)

Upgrading plotter to C97 from RL70C, for use with ST60 instruments - captndp - 10-17-17 08:55 AM

Hello,
I am upgrading from aa RL70C pathfinder radar/plotter to a C97. I will be installing the seatalk to seatalkng interface for compatibility with my ST60 instruments.
Is it possible to replace the ST60 transducers with a tri-transducer that doesn’t have the paddle wheel for speed/log or would I need to replace the ST60 completely?
Thanks for any help.

RE: Upgrading plotter to C97 from RL70C, for use with ST60 instruments - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-17-17 10:59 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ndp,

ST60 Speed/Tridata instruments may not be directly interfaced to a instrument transducers lacking a paddlewheel. However, should the transducer feature a NMEA 2000 communications interface and no speed/temp transducer be interfaced to the ST60 Speed/Triducer instrument, then the NMEA 2000 speed transducer may be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD has also been interfaced as a spur. Should the ST60 Speed/Tridata's configuration settings then be configured to support having the instrument function as a Speed repeater, then speed information from the NMEA 2000 speed transducer.