Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NAVAIDS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna (/showthread.php?tid=4215)

[CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Eirinnrose - 11-05-17 12:50 PM

Will cloud cover or temperature affect the speed at with a RS125 Antenna will pick up satellites?

RE: [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-06-17 12:20 PM

Eirinnrose,

Q. Eirinnrose
A. No. A properly functioning RS125 GPS Sensor should acquire a GPS position FIX within approximately 3 minutes.

RE: [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Eirinnrose - 11-06-17 04:17 PM

Ok, thanks for the quick response. As mine is sometimes a lot slower on the start up after being off for a day but quick after a few minutes of being off, I'll be looking for the RS153 or 130 and the SeaTalk NG conversion adaptor. I've already replaced the battery in the RS125 which helped a little.
Mike

RE: [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Eirinnrose - 08-10-19 12:16 PM

In looking at the RS150 & 130 diagrams you provided in Interfacing a Raystar 130/150 GPS Sensor to an E-Series Classic MFD (E80, E120) I was wondering if anything changes or how to connect a second E120 through SeaTalk. Would it connect as the other Raymarine components do or does it take a different method?
Thanks Mike Ireland

RE: [CA11] RS 125 GPS Antenna - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-20-19 12:06 PM

Mike,

Q. I was wondering if anything changes or how to connect a second E120 through SeaTalk. Would it connect as the other Raymarine components do or does it take a different method?
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the system's Data Master E-Series MFD would be interfaced to a Raystar 130/150 GPS Sensor. While it is also possible to interface an additional E-Series Classic MFD to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone shown within the diagram, most installations will only interface one MFD to the backbone. In the case of the latter, the system's other MFDs will receive GPS data from the Data Master MFD via SeaTalkhs / Ethernet. That said, those seeking a level of redundancy will interface a second MFD to the backbone to then permit the second MFD to be designated as the system's Data Master MFD in the event of a failure of the MFD which is normally designated as the system's Data Master MFD. The same A06061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Cable would be used for this purpose. Should the backbone require an additional spur socket, then olease click here to view a FAQ addressing how additional spur sockets may be added to a backbone.