Raymarine forum
I60 cabling - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: I60 cabling (/showthread.php?tid=4231)

I60 cabling - David Fletcher - 11-07-17 02:14 PM

With an I60 wind it can be wired directly to the wind vane or the wind vane connected to a wind pod or a ICT-5 and the data feed via STNG.

My question: if the wind vane transducer is hard wired to the I60 ( analogue ) and the I60 is connected via STng to a network, will all of the data flow to network from the I60 be the same as if the transducer was connected to the network via a wind pod or a ICT-5?

Is there a preferred method, given that I am replacing a St60 wind and the wiring is place from the vane. I wish to maximize the features available both to and from the I60.

Thanks

David

RE: I60 cabling - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-07-17 02:32 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Q1. With an I60 wind it can be wired directly to the wind vane or the wind vane connected to a wind pod or a ICT-5 and the data feed via STNG.
A1. Indeed the wind vane transducer may be directly interfaced to an i60 Wind Instrument. However, should the wind vane transducer instead be interfaced to a Wind Pod or iTC-5, then the system would additionally need to include an i70S MFID which would be responsible for calibration of the wind vane transducer. In the case of the latter, an i60 Wind Instrument may be added to the system to repeat wind data processed by the i70S MFID.

Q2. My question: if the wind vane transducer is hard wired to the I60 ( analogue ) and the I60 is connected via STng to a network, will all of the data flow to network from the I60 be the same as if the transducer was connected to the network via a wind pod or a ICT-5?
A2. Yes.

Q3. Is there a preferred method, given that I am replacing a St60 wind and the wiring is place from the vane. I wish to maximize the features available both to and from the I60.
A3. Should an i60 Wind Instrument be installed onboard and should the system feature a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone, then it would be recommended that the i60 Wind Instrument be installed as a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 device rather than a SeaTalk device.

RE: I60 cabling - David Fletcher - 11-07-17 02:44 PM

Thank You

in my case there will be an I70s in the system and I have a st70 wind pod, so if I understand correctly it would be preferred to wire the wind vane to the pod and connect the pod to the STng network.

Would I be correct to then set the I60 to a repeater and all calibrations etc would be controlled via the I70.

thanks a million

David

RE: I60 cabling - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-07-17 03:22 PM

David,

Q. Would I be correct to then set the I60 to a repeater and all calibrations etc would be controlled via the I70.
A. Yes.