Raymarine forum
[CA] Suggestion for new feature - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] Suggestion for new feature (/showthread.php?tid=4417)

[CA] Suggestion for new feature - PaulM - 12-13-17 02:08 AM

As a practical matter, there is a big difference in the need to stay clear of large commercial vessels versus small recreational vessels. When in open water, I try to stay at least 0.5-1.0 nm from large vessels, but I don't care if I get much closer to small recreational vessels in harbors, marinas, and mooring fields. Regarding the latter, I especially don't worry about close approaches to stationary recreational vessels (many keep their AIS transmitting even when docked). In many marinas, it is a target rich environment and the constant alarming is annoying and useless.

On my e95 MFD, I can clearly see different symbols for large vs small vessels (probably based upon Class A vs B, I guess). How about allowing users to set different distance/alarm criteria for the two classes? This would be much safer, less confusing, and result in fewer useless alarms.

Thanks for your consideration.

RE: [CA] Suggestion for new feature - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-13-17 10:20 AM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

Thanks for the feature suggestion to the AIS data processing within Raymarine's MFDs. A feature suggestion will be logged to consider your feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse II software update, as well the LightHouse 3 software and that produced for any future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: [CA] Suggestion for new feature - PaulM - 07-17-18 12:50 AM

Any update on this suggestion?

RE: [CA] Suggestion for new feature - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-18 08:27 AM

Paul,

Raymarine has not yet introduced the specified feature within a LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software update. Please note that the e-Series MFDs are exclusively designed to operate with LightHouse II software and no further software updates are expected for LightHouse 2.