Raymarine forum
[CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? (/showthread.php?tid=4473)

[CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - reggie - 12-29-17 10:37 AM

Problem 1: will a Raymarine s100 work with my Raymarine 6000 Remote control system?
I have Raymarine 6000 automatic Pilot control, & a Raymarine 6000 Remote control module. I just dropped my remote into the sea accidentally and picked up a Raymarine lower cost S100 Remote control only to see if it would work on my system. But so far I cannot make it see my system.
What systm can I purchase to upgrade my 6000 automatic pilot rudder control?
I have a Raymarine 6000 automatic Pilot control, & a Raymarine 6000 Remote control module. On a two Volvo 225. Which I like very much as it integrates with rest of my Raymarine products. However I would like to get rid of the hard cable that goes out to the stern on a cable system for rudder indicator. I have broken over 4 cables in the past 4 years. Plus one time because the cable is attached to the hydraulic lines it ripped one of them off and I lost all steering. It is a very bad design and the cables are impossible to change out with our modifying the cable.
So is there any Raymarine product I can add to my system to get rid of the cable rudder system, some thing electronic with scraping my whole system?
Would the ACU-100 work?
See the attached image of what I have now to the rudder indicator.
a. Raymarine C-120 Color Radar,Gps/Plotter.
b. EVC Display system
c. ACR Rapid Fix 406 MHz EPIRB w/ GPS Interface
d. Raymarine Electronics 120 Display

RE: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-29-17 10:53 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Reggie,

Please not that the ST6000 is simply an autopilot control head. What model of autopilot course computer has been installed onboard the vessel?

RE: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - reggie - 12-30-17 11:24 AM

This is the system I have.

Raymarine Electronics 120 Display
EVC Display system
Raymarine 6000 automatic Pilot control
Raymarine 6000 Remote control module
Raymarine C-120 Color Radar,Gps/Plotter.
Raymarine C-80 Color Radar,Gps/Plotter.

RE: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-31-17 01:34 PM

Reggie,

Your list is missing a critical and vital part of the autopilot system ... i.e. the autopilot course computer referenced within my initial response. This component could well be installed in an out of the way location, as access to it is not required for operation of the autopilot.

RE: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - reggie - 01-04-18 06:12 PM

I have two EVC units one has this number on it. VV004003976
Raymarine E15022 Rotary Rudder
I have two of these. PILOT ARM VOLVO PENTA IP67 874597 PILOT

RE: [CA] What system will work with a Raymarine st6000 Pilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-05-18 10:02 AM

Reggie,

Unfortunately, none of the items which you have listed is the autopilot's course computer. However, you are getting closer. The rudder reference transducer which you have referenced may be traced back to the autopilot course computer's Rudder terminals.