Raymarine forum
[CA] RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro (/showthread.php?tid=4568)

[CA] RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro - rsqunit - 01-18-18 01:57 AM

I have a WiFi network on my boat that I want to connect all devices to, instead of connecting to the Axiom's WiFi Sharing network.

1. I cannot see any way to configure the Axiom Pro to use my WiFi network other than going through the "Update" process, choosing "online" then being able to add the WiFi info. Is there some other menu to configure?

2. When the Axiom Pro is rebooted it does not automatically connect to the WiFi network, even though it is saved. If I look at the WiFi settings using the above procedure, it says there was an error connecting to the WiFi network... but if I simply tap on the name it connects perfectly.

3. After I see the Axiom Pro connected to my boat's WiFi network I try and run RayRemote (or RayView) from my iPhone, which is also connected to the boat's WiFi network, but the app cannot see the Axiom Pro and gives me an error message saying I need to connect to the MFDs shared network. Can I not use my own network for this? Does not seem right.

Any insight will be much appreciated!

RE: RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro - Dave - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-18 09:25 AM

Hi rsqunit,

1. At the time of this post, the AXIOM's update process is the only time the display needs to connect to a WiFi network.

2. This "bug" information will be passed on to the appropriate parties for further investigation.

3. At the time of this post, the AXIOM's WiFi network is only to connect a mobile device to the display for use of the mobile applications. Keep an eye out, as WiFi features should be expanding with AXIOM.

- Dave

RE: RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro - rsqunit - 01-28-18 02:12 PM

Dave, can you please enter a feature request to have the Axiom permanently connect to the boat's WiFi system? I get that Lighthouse 3 is still under development and not fully featured yet and that updates will come in time.

I think it would be very useful to be able to use the apps without having to connect the Axiom's WiFi network itself. There is no need in my (or many) situations to have a separate WiFi network on the Axiom. It just causes more interference, so might as well turn it off if not needed.

Thanks!

RE: [CA] RayView and RayRemote with Axiom Pro - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-18 12:15 PM

rsqunit,

Your feature request will be logged accordingly.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.