Raymarine forum
(DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: (DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 (/showthread.php?tid=4602)

(DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 - tafika2 - 01-24-18 07:36 PM

I recently install a new Axiom 12. I was trying to setup Pilot Integration but the slide switch is inactive. It may be that the original integration setup was never done with the E120 system by the factory. How can I setup the integration so I can use the AutoPilot Control on the Axiom? Do I need to buy a new P70 or P70R module?
Thanks!

RE: (DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-25-18 08:47 AM

Hi tafika2

Thank you for your enquiry.

Although you do not say what type of course computer you have, I suspect it is connected to the AXIOM 12 via the SeaTalk to STng converter and the ST6002 control head is connected via SeaTalk to the autopilot computer.

In this case, the AXIOM will not control the legacy autopilots directly, you can still create a route and select the FOLLOW option, however, if you want the Autopilot to follow that route too - you will need to engage AUTO on the ST6002 and then select TRACK mode on the ST6002, after you have acknowledged the FOLLOW TRACK alarm, the autopilot will then follow the route on the AXIOM.

regards

RE: (DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 - Zolden - 04-28-18 03:43 AM

Hi
I have exactly the same setup and problem.
Hos to Solved it? especaily hos to get headning transferered to plotter.
My course computer have gyro so the headning signal should be ok.

RE: (DG) ST6002 Autopilot integration with Axiom 12 - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-30-18 08:21 AM

Hi Zolden,

Thank you for your enquiry,

The AXIOM MFD will need the heading data via STng/ NMEA2000, the SeaTalk autopilot will output heading data via SeaTalk and so you will need a SeaTalk to STng converter to display heading from the Autopilot on the AXIOM display.

Please refer here for further details

regards