Raymarine forum
[CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm (/showthread.php?tid=4809)

[CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm - davidbrownBat06 - 02-20-18 10:12 AM

I'm installing an EV 200 autopilot on a 35' sailboat. The P70s Pilot controller will be mounted on a pod above the wheel. Can I use the longer seatalk "Backbone" cable connected to the controller, run it down the binnacle to ACU underneath the deck. And when I connect the EV1 sensor, does it matter which ends of the "T" connector goes where?
The way the instructions read, I need to connect a series of the shorter white seatalk cables with the 5 way connectors.

But all the cables should be interchangeable with the connectors and it should make no difference which port on the connector goes where. Correct??

RE: [CA] Wiring for EC 200 autohelm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-18 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Within sailboats in which devices having a SeaTalkng communications interface will be installed in binacle pods, a SeaTalkng backbone cable will typically be chased through one of the binacle tubes and there connected to a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to which the device(s) within the pod will be connected. In short, you will be creating a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Evolution autopilot components having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface will each be connected. The EV-1, p70R, and ACU-200 are each designed to be connected to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Only the ACU-200's spur cable is unique, and then only on the end which will be connected to the ACU-200's spur socket. All SeaTalkng spur cables are colored white/black and feature white plugs. All SeaTalkng backbone cables are colored blue/black and feature blue plugs. All spur sockets within a T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, etc. feature white locking rings and will only accept SeaTalkng spur cables. Backbone sockets within a backbone T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, etc. feature blue locking rings and will only accept SeaTalkng backbone cables. Should the supplied SeaTalkng networking component.