Raymarine forum
[CA] RV100 Frequency - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] RV100 Frequency (/showthread.php?tid=4901)

[CA] RV100 Frequency - karlista - 03-04-18 05:41 PM

What frequencies does the RV100 pig at? I am installing two Axiom Pro RVX 12's with the RV100 transducer and also the B175H-W and M265LM. With such a wide band of frequencies with all these transducers, I am concerned that any one of these transducers could interfere with the RV100. Thanks.

RE: [CA] RV100 Frequency - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-05-18 10:15 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Karlista,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. One should expect minimal, if any, interference between a RV or DownVision transducer and high power CHIRP transducers. One of the advantages of CHIRP technology is that the transducers transmit across a range of frequencies rather than a fixed frequency. Accordingly, the chances of two CHIRP transducers pinging at the same frequency at exactly the same time are minimal.

RE: [CA] RV100 Frequency - karlista - 03-05-18 01:29 PM

Thanks Chuck for the reply. The only potential I see is for the the CHIRP Conical sonar transducer elements pinging around a 60 kHz range centered at 200 kHz. There could be a crossover of the frequencies with the B175H-W.

RE: [CA] RV100 Frequency - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-05-18 02:27 PM

karlista,

Again, our experience has indicated that one should expect minimal, if any, interference between a RV or DownVision transducer and high power CHIRP transducers.

RE: [CA] RV100 Frequency - karlista - 03-05-18 03:37 PM

Thanks Chuck. Hoping to complete the project in two more weeks. I will share share some pics and results with the forum.

RE: [CA] RV100 Frequency - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-06-18 09:47 AM

You're welcome.