Raymarine forum
[CA] T series Thermal camera and Axiom. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Cameras (/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: [CA] T series Thermal camera and Axiom. (/showthread.php?tid=4990)

[CA] T series Thermal camera and Axiom. - MarcinZ - 03-15-18 12:42 PM

Welcome,

in Short stories, we are trying to restore half sunked Lagoon 620 after huricanne Irma.
Bout we encounter few issues, and right now im focusing on finding solutions for it:

orginal configurations consist

Navdesk Chartplotter cS connected to HS-5
T series camera conected to HS-5 and analog to Navdesk plotter
Fly Bridge Chartlotter cS connected to HS-5
two docking analog CAM100 cameras connected to Fly Bridge
System incorporate also Didital radome on HS-5
So HS got 4 occupied ports

Due hurricane and after hurricane lootings we lost one docking cam, and both chartplotters. And desperately tring to restore functionality. But right now we got one chartplotter Axiom-9 at nav desk. And looking for solutions for it. T series thermal camera have two outputs HS- for thermal lens and analog for day view. But Axiom9 did not have Analog input. During desearch i found video module for G-series GVM-400. Witch supose to be Analog to Digital converter.

Did that module is still availabale
Did that module allow transmit analog signal from thermal Camera to Axiom-9 thru HS-5. or better solution is replace it with Axiom pro with analog input?

If not, did Raymarine have alternative modules that could provide us analog video connectivity betwen T-series and axiom??

Two docking camera CAM 100. one is lost, and can be replaced, but all modern curent chartplotters got only one video input, how to solve it??
Did taht GVM-400 module can do work for us???
Or you suggest ad on more HS-5 and swap to Ip cameras??
Did HS-5 provide PoE for CAM200IP, or cams need to have on power on pigtail?
If i stack two HS-5, did both of them need to have own red cable power source??
What type of connecter is on CAm200IP pigtail is RJ45 or raynet??

hmm i think it all my toughts right know, I would be happy for explanation and help.
Best Regards,
Martin

RE: [CA] T series Thermal camera and Axiom. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-15-18 01:11 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Martin,

Q1a. we got one chartplotter Axiom-9 at nav desk. And looking for solutions for it. T series thermal camera have two outputs HS- for thermal lens and analog for day view. But Axiom9 did not have Analog input. During desearch i found video module for G-series GVM-400. Witch supose to be Analog to Digital converter. Did that module is still availabale
A1a. Negative

Q1b. Did that module allow transmit analog signal from thermal Camera to Axiom-9 thru HS-5.
A1b. Negative

Q1c. or better solution is replace it with Axiom pro with analog input?
A1c. An Axiom Pro MFD must be installed. The Axiom Pro MFD will also convert the video from the thermal camera to an IP stream such that the Axiom 9 will also be able to view video from the thermal camera.

Q2. If not, did Raymarine have alternative modules that could provide us analog video connectivity betwen T-series and axiom??
A2. See the A1C response addressing how to proceed.

Q3a. Two docking camera CAM 100. one is lost, and can be replaced, but all modern curent chartplotters got only one video input, how to solve it??
A3a. Should one of the CAM100's have been lost then it should be replaced with a CAM210IP, which will in turn be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Should all of the ports of a HS5 RayNet Network Switch be in use, then a second HS5 RayNet Network Switch should be purchased and the GB ports of the two switches should be joined with an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. It is also recommended that the currently installed CAM100 be replaced with a CAM210IP or that the CAM100's video output be encoded and that the encoder then be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Q3b. Did taht GVM-400 module can do work for us???
A3b. Negative.

Q3c) Or you suggest ad on more HS-5 and swap to Ip cameras??
A3c) See response A3a.

Q4) Did HS-5 provide PoE for CAM200IP, or cams need to have on power on pigtail?
A4) The HS5 RayNet Network Switch is not a POE switch. If seeking a POE switch, then it is recommended that FLIR part# 4141042 4-Port POE Switch be installed

Q5) If i stack two HS-5, did both of them need to have own red cable power source??
A5) Yes

Q6) What type of connecter is on CAm200IP pigtail is RJ45 or raynet??
A6) The CAM210IP and CAM200IP both feature a RJ45 plug.