Raymarine forum
[CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? (/showthread.php?tid=5295)

[CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? - mikeyor - 04-25-18 04:45 PM

I have been following the various postings regarding Lighthouse II vs Lighthouse III software. I have an eS128 and an eS97 installed on my boat. They seem to be quite happy running the latest release of Lighthouse II.

I see from the threads that some functions supported in Lighthouse II are not supported in Lighthouse III and vice versa. Are there any technical or support reasons why I should move my eS MFD's from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III?

Many Thanks

Mike

RE: [CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-26-18 04:24 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

he requested information if available through a Compare LH 2 and LH 3 Features link found on the LightHouse 3 for eS/gS-Series MFDs web page. At this time, the primary reason that a customer will be updating an eS/gS-Series MFD form LightHouse II to LightHouse 3 would be to interface an Axiom or Axiom Pro MFD with the system. Through software updates occurring through 2018, it is expected that the most of the remaining major features of LH 2 will be implemented in LH 3. At that time, all owners of eS/gS-Series MFDs may want to consider the features and benefits of LightHouse 3.

RE: [CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? - mikeyor - 04-26-18 08:16 PM

Chuck, many thanks for the speedy and complete reply to my question. I continue to be impressed with the depth of the answers that you and your Raymarine colleagues provide on this forum.

Thanks again

Mike

RE: [CA] Any need to change My eS128/eS97 from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-27-18 07:46 AM

You're welcome.