Raymarine forum
(DG) Evolution Auto Pilot - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: (DG) Evolution Auto Pilot (/showthread.php?tid=5313)

(DG) Evolution Auto Pilot - landonshaw - 04-29-18 03:33 PM

I purchased and replaced my old autopilot with the raymarine wheel drive autopilot. I am very satisfied. I also purchased the rudder indicator that I am now installing.

The directions say that the indicator can be installed upside down, just reverse the wires. I will have to do this due to space and the steering quadrant.

Now the question. In the directions it shows the indicator on the port side of the rudder. I need to put it on the starboard side. Is there anything I need to change when I hook it up electrically?

So I will mount upside down and on the starboard side. Anyone mount the rudder indicator on the port side?

Aloisius

RE: (DG) Evolution Auto Pilot - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-30-18 08:43 AM

Hi landonshaw

Thank you for your enquiry.

Generaltests for the rudder reference unit are described here .

There is no issues mounting it upside down or port or starboard. Simply power the system up and turn the wheel to Starboard, if the angle shown is correct- leave the wiring alone,if the angle displayed is reversed,the swap the red and Green wires over at the ACU/ Computer.

The key is the mechanical geometry to make sure the travel is equal and linear to Port and to Starboard.

Regards