Raymarine forum
[CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses (/showthread.php?tid=5378)

[CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses - Kwallace - 05-06-18 07:41 PM

I recently hooked up my Dragonfly 7 and it would not turn on. After checking a few different things, I noticed that the fuse was blown. So, I bought some new fuses and replaced the blown one, but as soon as I turn on the power, the fuses blow. I read on another forum that the inline fuse in the wiring harness may be bad?

RE: [CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-08-18 10:10 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kwallace,

The symptom does indeed appear to be symptomatic of a fault within the Dragonfly display's power/transducer cable. If the product is still under warranty, then it would be recommended that the power/transducer cable be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Otherwise, the problem may be worked around be installing a Dragonfly transducer extension cable. If electing to attempt the latter solution, then the power leads of the Dragonfly power/transducer cable would be disconnected from power and ground. Instead, the power and ground leads of the Dragonfly transducer extension cable will be used to power the Dragonfly display.

RE: [CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses - Kwallace - 06-14-18 05:20 PM

Hi Chuck, thanks for the help. I don’t think the product is still in warranty. Can I still send it in to be checked?

RE: [CA] Dragonfly 7 Blowing Fuses - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-18-18 09:00 AM

Kwallace,

Yes. The product may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.