Raymarine forum
[CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number (/showthread.php?tid=5403)

[CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - lawko - 05-09-18 09:22 AM

Hi Chuck,

I finally purchased my T103 speed/depth package. When i got the box it looked pretty worn and been around. I'd like to know the manufacture date of these units as the batteries do have a life span and if this thing has been sitting on some bodies shelf for 5+ years i'd like to bring that up with them.

I have attached a picture of the box with s/n's

Thanks

RE: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-18 01:05 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lawko,

No attachment was added to your thread. Please attach photo(s) to this thread of the serial numbers.

RE: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - lawko - 05-10-18 10:40 PM

Lets try this again.

RE: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-11-18 08:37 AM

lawko,

This indeed appears to be very old stock. The package's decal indicates a manufacture date of January 2009. TackTick batteries are designed to have a life of at least 10 years.

RE: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - lawko - 05-22-18 09:24 PM

Hi Chuck just a update of what happened. I ended up keeping the unit as they sold it to me at cost.

The unit did not function however. The display turned on as i had it in a window for a week charging but i was not aware there is a battery in the hull transmitter that gets charged off the boats 12v source. This battery did not seem to be taking a charge as i spent hours checking power etc. I had a 6 year old battery from my wind unit that i just replaced and put that one in and every thing worked great after that.

Long story short, need new batteries.

Thanks for your help again.

RE: [CA] Reading Tacktick Serial number - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-23-18 10:51 AM

lawko,

Please attach a copy of the sales receipt to a response to this thread.