Raymarine forum
[CA] MFD and C-Map Charts - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] MFD and C-Map Charts (/showthread.php?tid=5430)

[CA] MFD and C-Map Charts - Re Volt - 05-10-18 03:26 PM

I powered up my electronics, consisting or an a97, a95, Stg converter and a Quantum radar. When powering up the system the displays would lock up not responding to touch of even shutting down. I unplugged the a95, then the a97 (also the data master) behaving normally. What I eventually found was that when I removed the CMAP 4D MAX+ WIDE - SD/MSD from the a95 everything went back to normal. My question is since the chart is a 2017 version, is that the reason, or is the chart cartridge itself some how corrupted or compromised and causing the problem?

RE: [CA] MFD and C-Map Charts - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-14-18 01:39 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Re Volt,

Please click here to view which C-Map chart cards are compatible for use with MFD's running the final release of LightHouse II software (v19.03). While C-Map's Essentials, 4D Max, and 4D Max+ Local chart cards are compatible with MFD's running the final release of LightHouse II software (v19.03). C-Map's 4D Max+ Wide chart cards should work as well. It is recommended that the version of software installed within the MFD be determined and if found to not be v19.03, and if not, that the MFD's software be updated accordingly. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the chart card be tested within the other MFD's memory card reader. If found to work within the other MFD's memory card reader, then it would indicate a problem within the first MFD's memory card reader necessitating that the first MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. If found not to work within the other MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that C-Map be contacted for additional support or that a replacement chart card(s) be procured for the waters to be navigated.

RE: [CA] MFD and C-Map Charts - AJS - 05-14-18 08:54 PM

(05-14-18 01:39 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Re Volt,

Please click here to view which C-Map chart cards are compatible for use with MFD's running the final release of LightHouse II software (v19.03). While C-Map's Essentials, 4D Max, and 4D Max+ Local chart cards are compatible with MFD's running the final release of LightHouse II software (v19.03), the same cannot be said for C-Map's 4D Max+ Wide chart cards. It is recommended that the version of software installed within the MFD be determined and if found to not be v19.03, and if not, that the MFD's software be updated accordingly. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the chart card be tested within the other MFD's memory card reader. If found to work within the other MFD's memory card reader, then it would indicate a problem within the first MFD's memory card reader necessitating that the first MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. If found not to work within the other MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that a C-Map 4D Max+ Local chart card(s) be procured for the waters to be navigated.

Chuck
I also just updated 2 e127 mfds to 19.03.I have a Navionics and a c map card M-NA-D022.37 MW4D which I think is a wide card.After the update I did not notice any malfunction however I did not test the functionality extensively.Should I anticipate a definite problem with the 19.03 and the wide card since it worked perfectly well with the last software version? If so can I revert to the earlier version since I already own the wide card and had no difficulty with the immediately prior software version.
Many thanks