Raymarine forum
Accessing seatalkng network - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Accessing seatalkng network (/showthread.php?tid=5518)

Accessing seatalkng network - Caritas - 05-20-18 03:33 PM

Hi All,

I am just writing to enquire a little about accessing the data on the seatalk ng backbone. I have just purchased a new yacht which has mutiple raymarine products some of which have been linked via seatalkng. Products include e125, AIS 650, The products which support seatalk 1 inclduing RAY 240E VHF radio and MOB system and raymarine autohelm, have been linked into the seatalkng backbone via 2 seatalk to seatalk ng converters. (E22158).

Essentially I wish to use an actisense NGW-1-USB to connect to the seatalkng/nmea2000 network to obtain primarily AIS and GPS data to use with chartplotting software, however other information is a bonus.

On one of the two E22158s that is conncected to the network I have two "white coloured" ports unusued either side of the yellow centre connector.
(see attached photo)

Do these white seatalk connectors act as a normal steatalkng spur connections or are they ment to be used with a setalkng to seatalk 1 connector cable?

Many thanks!

RE: Accessing seatalkng network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-22-18 01:03 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Caritus,

Q. Do these white seatalk connectors act as a normal steatalkng spur connections or are they ment to be used with a setalkng to seatalk 1 connector cable?
A. Any sockets featuring white locking rings within SeaTalkng networking components and adapters are backbone spur sockets and may be used to interface products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface to the backbone.