Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NAVAIDS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement (/showthread.php?tid=5775)

[CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement - MissHan - 06-13-18 12:58 PM

Our 1999 SeaRay 310 Sundancer has a Raytheon NAV398 GPS/LORAN with an external sensor mounted on the radar arch. The protective cowling on the sensor completely disintegrated when I removed the shrink wrap this spring. Is there a GPS sensor available that is compatible with this display head?

Alternatively, is there a newer display head and sensor combo that would fit existing cutouts with little modification?

Thank you.

RE: [CA11] NAV398 GPS/LORAN Sensor Replacement - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-14-18 10:37 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MissHan,

Please click here to view a thread within Raymarine's old Forum in which I had previously addressed this subject. Unfortunately, Raymarine, Inc. does not offer a GPS sensor with may be substituted for your failed sensor.

Raymarine does not offer a GPS/chartplotting product which is specifically designed to be installed within the cutout/footprint of the NAV398. However, I believe that you will find that Raymarine's Axiom 7 MFD is quite close. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing installation locations which do not afford MFD's having internal GPS receivers an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.