Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Fuel Gauge (/showthread.php?tid=5951)

[CA11] Fuel Gauge - Hickory Legend - 06-30-18 12:07 AM

What do you need to have the fuel gauge work on the DATA/ENGINE screen.
I have fuel flow and reset the level when I add gas but I never have an needle on the gauge, Is there a way it can be done without a tank sending unit??
Say a 50 gallon tank and 25 had been burned should be a half tank. Should be possible for those of us with irregular shape tank shapped tanks to have the unit do the math and show a needle at half a tank without a sensor in the tank.
Thanks

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-02-18 10:35 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hickory Legend,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Hickory Legend - 07-03-18 12:12 PM

I have the fuel used and data line with the estimated amount in the tank. It shows everything except the simulated round fuel gauge has no needle nor does it show or point to where the tank level should be.
Fill it up and reset the tank, burn 10 gallons and it shows an estimate of 40 gallons left but only below the tank symbol beside where fuel used is.

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-03-18 12:40 PM

Hickory Legend,

As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, the graphical (i.e. simulated gauges) and percentage fluid tank level data items displayed within Raymarine MFDs are designed to be populated from data which is supplied to the system by NMEA 2000 tank level sensors or by NMEA 2000 engine gateways supporting the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGN 127505 Fluid Level. These data items are not populated by data from the Fuel Manager.

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Hickory Legend - 07-09-18 10:26 PM

Here is what my MFD is showing.

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Hickory Legend - 07-10-18 09:58 PM

I am using fuel flow and all data is correct just no needle movement. Not sure if they can program the unit to work off the FF and not a tank sensor when not available.
Here is what I have on my unit.
Tim

RE: [CA11] Fuel Gauge - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-11-18 07:21 AM

Hickory Legend,

As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ and my earlier response, the graphical (i.e. simulated gauges) and percentage fluid tank level data items displayed within Raymarine MFDs are designed to be populated exclusively from data which is supplied to the system by NMEA 2000 tank level sensors or by NMEA 2000 engine gateways supporting the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGN 127505 Fluid Level. These data items are not populated by data from the Fuel Manager. For vessels not equipped with devices supporting the use of the MFD's graphical fuel gauges, it is recommended that they instead customize the corresponding Data Panels to instead display the Estimated Fuel Remaining data item.