Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Authorized Raymarine Dealer AIS 500 MMSI reset - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: AIS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Authorized Raymarine Dealer AIS 500 MMSI reset (/showthread.php?tid=6075)

[CA11] Authorized Raymarine Dealer AIS 500 MMSI reset - todd.fleckenstein - 07-12-18 05:01 PM

Heya, i'm a marine electronics installer at J & G Marine Supply in Tacoma, WA. We've got a customers AIS 500 that needs to have the MMSI number reset. We're an authorized Raymarine dealer and have access to the dealer portal but can't locate the AIS MMSI resetter software for the AIS 500. I attempted to use the Raymarine dealer version of ProAIS but it wouldn't allow me to reset the MMSI (See attached photo). Please advise.

RE: [CA11] Authorized Raymarine Dealer AIS 500 MMSI reset - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-13-18 03:59 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Todd,

Raymarine did not release software to reset the MMSI of an AIS500. The AIS500's MMSI is reset via a series of proprietary NMEA 0183 sentences which were transmitted via the ProAIS (not ProAIS2) software's Serial tab. The details of this procedure and the required proprietary sentences are included within a TU posted on the Portal. The title of the TU includes the words "AIS500" and "reset".