Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Screen goes haywire - only when moving - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Screen goes haywire - only when moving (/showthread.php?tid=6120)

[CA11] Axiom 9 Screen goes haywire - only when moving - Nickp - 07-17-18 10:01 AM

Axiom 9 is fresh out of the box. Powered up and works fine as long as vessel is not moving. After a varied amount of time the screen starts to act on it's own...zooms in/out, menus are pulled down, goes into pan mode, changes vessel's position...and eventually cannot control touch screen at all. Again, this only happens when vessel is moving...if it is turned on in the slip/standing still, the unit will allow touchscreen commands all day.

To eliminate the vessel, I installed it in my vehicle...just to make sure there was nothing on the vessel to interfere with the Axiom. Same symptoms.

I performed a factory reset from "This Display" and also updated the software to 3.5.40 via Wi-Fi several times with varying results. The first update had no impact...the second update allowed the Axiom to function properly for close to 30 minutes and then the problem reappeared. After the third update the Axiom would fail within a couple of minutes of moving the vessel (this after working properly for some time before moving the vessel. Two more updates yielded nothing different.

Is there anything else I can do...?

RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 Screen goes haywire - only when moving - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-18 10:23 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nick,

Other than a hardware failure, the only other installation issue which may be causing the reported symptoms is noise within the power distribution system. Such noise may be caused by the engine's charging system, generators, inverters, or electrical motor driven devices. Should the symptoms be caused by noise within the power distribution system as specified within the referenced FAQ, then power conditioning for the marine electronics circuits would be advised per the referenced FAQ. However, should the symptoms described have occurred when the MFD's screen was dry and under quiet ship conditions, then it would unfortunately appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its touchscreen. In the case of the latter, should the MFD have been purchased within the last 30 days, then it would be recommended that the MFD be returned to your Raymarine dealer for replacement. Should the MFD have been purchased more than 30 days ago, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.