Raymarine forum
Profile - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Success Stories and Tech Tips (/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: Profile (/showthread.php?tid=638)

Profile - Goldog - 04-21-16 11:27 AM

Setting up new profile. Just getting my feet wet in this new forum. I can't fine the loc. to put what state I am from in the profile. (Additional info) I ended up putting it in the Bio. If you view Profile there is a spot, (Location) but when you go to edit Profile there is nothing between [censored] and Bio to enter Location. What am I missing?

RE: Profile - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-22-16 09:59 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Goldog,

As you have indicated the Profile does not include an entry field for state. It does however include a Zip Code field from which state and town/city may be determined. If is recommended that the Zip Code field be updated accordingly with the zip code for the city/town in which the boat is located.

RE: Profile - Goldog - 04-22-16 11:10 AM

The zip code is in, but it did not populate the city or state.

RE: Profile - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-22-16 03:35 PM

Goldog,

I didn't mean to imply that that city/town and state fields would appear. It was intended to imply that if needed by the staff, your city/town and state may be looked up using your Zip Code.

RE: Profile - Goldog - 04-23-16 07:46 AM

One other question, can we set up two e-mail addresses? I set up initially my work address so it would be easier to communicate during your working hours, but I would also like to use my home e-mail and be able to access the info.

RE: Profile - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-25-16 02:42 PM

The Raymarine Forum supports a single e-mail address, used principally to permit users to be notified of posts to their threads. Rather than rely upon e-mail, users may simply open a web page to the Raymarine Forum, log in, click on their account name, click on the FIND ALL THREADS link, and then click on the link to thread of interest.