Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Ray70 AIS Receiver to Transmitter Update - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: AIS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Ray70 AIS Receiver to Transmitter Update (/showthread.php?tid=6538)

[CA11] Ray70 AIS Receiver to Transmitter Update - DanHeimann - 09-02-18 09:13 AM

Hi
I have a Ray70 VHF radio with AIS reception turned on and I can see other vessels that are transmitting on my Es128 chart plotter.
I would now like to update my system to include the AIS Transmit function so that others can see me too.
I would like to use my existing antenna on top of my mast.
What exactly to I need to purchase/acquire to do this?
How would I go about installing the additional pieces to upgrade my system to support both AIS reception AND transmission?
Thanks very much!

DanHeimann
Bellacay445@gmail.com

RE: [CA11] Ray70 AIS Receiver to Transmitter Update - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-13-18 09:56 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

It will necessary to install an AIS Class B transceiver onboard and a Class B AIS antenna splitter to achieve the end which you are seeking. Raymarine's AIS700 combines the features of an AIS Class B transceiver onboard and a Class B AIS antenna splitter within a single product. Should the system feature a MFD which supports processing NMEA 2000 PGNs containing AIS data, then the AIS700 would be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the latter not be so and the system feature a MFD which supports processing NMEA 0183 sentences containing AIS data, then the AIS700's 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 output leads be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input leads of the MFD's 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications interface. Finally, the Ray70's AIS feature would need to be configured OFF within its settings to prevent having the Ray70 detect and report ownship data as a dangerous target.