Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema (/showthread.php?tid=6617)

[CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema - Mike_EE - 09-17-18 04:39 PM

Hi -

I've migrated to Raymarine from other brands and I'm having difficulty migrating waypoints from third-party devices work within the Raymarine WP constraints:

http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=26

I've tried Voyage Planner, but I can't figure out how to remove the forbidden tags and it would much easier for me to simply use a text editor to remove them. Can you post an example of the permitted XML schema? I can infer it from a new WP, published GPX specs and the FAQ guidelines, but it would be nice to see Raymarine's reference XML.

Thanks!

RE: [CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-18-18 09:18 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Please be aware that there are faults within the LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 software affecting importing routes from a GPX file and exporting waypoints to a GPX file. It is expected that these faults should be corrected within LightHouse 3 v3.7.x which is expected to be released shortly.

I am not aware of any issues with tags which are forbidden within LightHouse 3 software and if operating the MFD with LightHouse 3 v3.6.32, you may be encountering an issue related to that which has been specified above. Should you have addressed the constraints which have been specified within the previously referenced FAQ, then it is recommended that you attach your GPX file to this thread for further analysis.

As you have suggested GPX files may be viewed and edited by simply using a text editing tool. A sample GPX file containing waypoints may easily be created by simply creating a few waypoints via the MFD's user interface and then exporting the waypoints to a GPX file. Similarly, A sample GPX file containing route data may easily be created by simply creating a 3-4 point route via the MFD's user interface and then exporting the route to a GPX file. A sample GPX file has been attached to this response containing waypoints and a route.

RE: [CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema - Mike_EE - 09-18-18 09:49 AM

Hi Chuck -

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll take a crack at this and report back.

Thanks,

Mike

RE: [CA11] LH 3 waypoint XLM schema - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-18-18 10:26 AM

You're welcome.