Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs (/showthread.php?tid=6649)

[CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - ddfour1 - 09-21-18 10:03 AM

If there is a FAQ thread on how to properly connect multiple Axiom9 MFD's in a system, can you please point me to it? If a FAQ does not exist, can you please provide guidance on how to do so?

Can I simply connect each Axiom using a devicenet-STng spur cable into my STNG backbone and then give each Axiom a 12v power supply? Or is there an alternate way to do it.

Thanks

Dave

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-21-18 11:08 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - ddfour1 - 09-21-18 11:33 AM

Thank you Chuck!

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-21-18 02:14 PM

You're welcome.

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - ddfour1 - 09-25-18 01:51 PM

Chuck,

Can I interface the 3 Axiom's and Raydome directly to each other using RayNet (F) cables plugged into the existing DeviceNet (M)/power pigtail cables coming out of the Axioms as shown, or will I need to go through an HS5 switch?

Thanks

Dave

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-25-18 03:17 PM

Dave,

The diagram which you have provided is incorrect in the following ways:
- the diagram indicates that the Axiom MFDs feature up to two Ethernet (RayNet) Network sockets ... unlike Axiom Pro MFDs which have two Ethernet Network sockets, Axiom MFDs feature a single Ethernet Network socket. In short, your MFDs alone do not have a sufficient number of Ethernet Network sockets to interface them to one another and to the radome.
- The MFD's power cable features a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 leg, not a RayNet leg.
- as shown, the Axiom MFDs will be unable to share resources (ex. radar, cartography, fishfinder, etc.) with one another.
- the cable labeled RayNet - STng should be labeled DeviceNet to SeaTalkng
- the five port block to which the RS125 has been interfaced should be labeled SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

The diagram should include a HS5 RayNet Network Switch to which each Axiom MFD and the Digital Radar Cable / Quantum Data Cable should be connected.

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - ddfour1 - 09-26-18 08:47 AM

Very helpful Chuck. I was confused and thought the second leg of the Axiom power was a Raynet leg. Does this look better?

Dave

RE: [CA11] Connecting multiple Axiom MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-26-18 09:11 AM

Dave,

Your diagram now appears to be correct.