Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Where to mount M132 on sailing yacht - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Cameras (/forumdisplay.php?fid=121)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Where to mount M132 on sailing yacht (/showthread.php?tid=6733)

[CA11] Where to mount M132 on sailing yacht - PeterN - 10-08-18 09:58 AM

Hi. I am looking to mount newly acquired M132 on my 46 ft catamaran.
I decided against deck mounting as the sails would obscure vision 50% of the time. I am looking at mounting towards the top of the mast
I am concerned that 1. there may be too much movement at that height and movement amplified by mast 2. If I mount it right side up then I will not be able to see the front of the yacht as the angle of downward vision appears to be about 45 degrees before being obscured by bas but I want the clear cruise function to work so mounting upside down gives good view of yacht but no clearcruise. 3. Could I mount it at a 45degree angle which would allow me to see the front of the yacht and will the clearcruise function work still

RE: [CA11] Where to mount M132 on sailing yacht - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-08-18 03:09 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Unfortunately, the M132 is not designed to support the ClearCruise feature when installed in any orientation other than ball up with respect to its vertical axis. It would be expected that the performance of the ClearCruise feature would decrease in performance the as its vertical orientation moves away from ball up and perpendicular to level.