Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG] eS 78 freezing - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG] eS 78 freezing (/showthread.php?tid=6817)

[DG] eS 78 freezing - biohead - 10-23-18 08:40 AM

Hi RM
I have an eS78 (ser#E70265) that has taken to freezing up. I have had the unit for about a year during which it worked fine. The problem manifested in the last few months. The unit works fine on start up but after a few hours it begins to respond to user input slower and slower until it does not respond at all. It will not respond to the on/off switch either. The only fix I have found is to remove power and then allow it to reboot. I updated the software but have the same issue. The unit does not feel unduly hot when the problem occurs. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards John

It has the Downvision sonar, which I am not using. It is connected via RM Seatalk-ng to an EVO/ACU400 autopilot and a p-70 control head. It receives NMEA-183 data from an AIS and B&G Hydra 2000 instrument system. The unit came with a Quantum radar which links via wifi. It is running Navionics charts.

The unit is mounted in open air above the helm, protected by a hard dodger.

RE: [DG] eS 78 freezing - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-23-18 08:54 AM

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your enquiry.

The sysmptoms sound like the SONAR LOG feature is constantly recording, turn this off by selecting the chart APP, then select the MENU, PRESENTATION and then DEPTHS and CONTOURS, towards the bottom of the menu you will see the option for SONAR LOG, turn this off and restart the MFD, you should find this resolves the issue.

Regards
Derek

RE: [DG] eS 78 freezing - biohead - 11-01-18 07:11 AM

Thanks a bunch Derek,
we will be doing a 120 nm passage in the next 24hrs so I will try this out.

RE: [DG] eS 78 freezing - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-06-18 05:17 AM

Hi biohead,
thanks
Derek