Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB (/showthread.php?tid=7041)

[CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - jdiesel - 12-11-18 01:36 PM

I have purchased and installed the card reader - extender, the RCR-USB. But my Axiom cannot see it.

I wonder if once this is plugged in, the Axiom only sees the extended card reader and not the internal one anymore?

I was hoping to have space for 2 SD cards and one USB as well?

Anyone know either way?

Jason

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-18 03:54 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jason,

Which USB remote card reader have you installed ... the two slot microSD reader or the single slot SD reader?

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - jdiesel - 12-11-18 04:25 PM

The single slot with USB.

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-18 09:41 AM

jdiesel,

Which specific model of Axiom MFD are we addressing and which version of LightHouse 3 software is presently installed within the MFD? Finally, what types of memory cards are you presently using with the MFD (Navionics (state product IDs), LightHouse, C-Map, etc.). If attempting to use more than one Navionics chart card simultaineously with the MFD, then please respond with the product IDs printed on each Navionics chart card's label.

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - jdiesel - 12-12-18 12:04 PM

Whew Chuck, that is a lot of data, i will get all that in shortly, I need to boot up.

But it sounds like I should indeed see more than 1 SD slot/card? I was trying to see 2 Navionics cards, 2 different regions, and have the USB for backups.

I have one Navionics card in the back of the MFD, and with the RCR-USB plugged in, I plugged the other Navionics card in, I hoped to see both cards. I only saw the one in the MFD.

So if I should indeed see them, maybe I need to re-seat the connector at the back of the MFD.

jason

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-18 01:49 PM

jdiesel,

You may test whether each SD card is being detected via the command sequence HOME->MY DATA->MY FILES. Indeed, when the RCR-SD is plugged into the MFD's USB slot and a microSD memory card is present within both the RCR-SD and within the MFD's microSD memory card reader, then the My Files feature should list both the MFD's SD Card 1 slot and and the External SD Card 1 slot.

The design of LightHouse 3 software should generally support having a second Navionics Chart card present within a MFD's memory card reader and/or within the readers of the system's MFDs and remote card readers. While only one Navionics Chart chart card will be listed within the Chart application's Chart Selection feature (this is simply a feature ... don't worry about it ... just select Navioncis), the Chart application should be able to display all Navionics Nautical Charts within the system. Accordingly, one should expect that if the Chart Boundaries layer has been configured ON and that if ranged out far enough to view the geographic areas covered by each chart card, that chart boundaries should be rendered corresponding to the cartography for each chart card. One should also find that when one ranges into an area only supported by one of the chart cards, that detailed cartography for the corresponding area is visible ... test both areas. In areas having overlapping coverage, the LightHouse 3 software should utilize cartography from the chart card having the most current Freshest Data update.

This said, we have received reports where chart data from a second Navionics chart card within the reader of a MFD within the system not being able to be accessed via the system's MFDs. In such cases, the issue is often resolved by inserting both Navionics chart cards into the Data Master MFD's memory card reader (it is noted that Axiom MFDs feature a single microSD memory card reader slot). Unfortunately, this sometimes does not resolve the reported issue and it would then be necessary to operate the system with only one Navionics chart card within the memory card reader of the system's MFDs. As there is generally significant overlap in coverage provided by Navionics chart cards, this limitation generally has limited or no impact upon the practical operation of the product.

In contrast, LightHouse Charts are designed to be individually selected for viewing and only one LightHouse Chart may be selected for viewing within a single Chart application page/pane.

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Papa Ralph - 03-30-19 06:18 PM

I have a new Axiom12 and would like to test the USB port. It appears to be a standard female micro connector. So, if I plug in my USB stick with the proper mating connector I should be able to see the files on the stick?

My Axiom has the latest SW, 3.8.?? (just updated yesterday)

Assuming this works, what is the part number for the remote USB/SD card reader? I've seen several versions in the "RM manual" listings but I'm not sure which is the one for the Axiom12.

thanks!

RE: [CA11] AXIOM with RCR-USB - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-01-19 09:04 AM

Papa Ralph,

The USB socket for all Axiom, Axiom Pro, Axiom XL and gS-Series MFDs is a standard USB micro B socket, but features a locking ring to support mating the waterproof plug of Raymarine's RCRs to the socket. The MFD's USB socket will support reading from memory devices meeting the corresponding USB port's specs. The part number for the RCR-SDUSB is A80440.